Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Road to Fairyland



Do you seek the road to Fairyland?
I'll tell; it's easy quite.
Wait till a yellow moon gets up o'er purple seas by night,
And gilds a shining pathway that is sparkling diamond bright.
Then, if no evil power be nigh to thwart you out of spite,
And if you know the very words to cast a spell of might,
You get upon a thistledown and if the breeze is right,
You sail away to Fairyland
Along this track of light.
    -- Ernest Thompson Seton

No time to draw these busy spring days, only time to dream now and then between chores, of hidden worlds just between the gusts of spring wind.  I can almost feel myself sailing there sometimes.  But with my hands in the earth the fairies draw quite near to my world, helping rouse all the green growing things from their winter slumber.  It's succulent potting time, and if ever there were a leprechaunish plant, succulents are it!





No comments: